An Aging Wisely care manager can help you get a better handle on your loved one’s situation. Our assessment process is done gently, in the client’s environment, and is comprehensive. We observe the environment and use a variety of techniques and our knowledge to get a true picture of the situation. Some of the items we may review include:
- the safety of the home
- fall risk
- nutritional needs
- ability to manage Activities of Daily Living (bathing, dressing, eating)
- activities such as driving, shopping, managing finances, and more
- medical situation, history, and prognosis
- medication compliance
- client’s history and desires, background
- family and other support systems
- financial needs and insurance available
- advance care planning and legal services referral needs
- eligibility for various services
A professional geriatric assessment can benefit your family in many ways. We customize our careplan recommendations to your needs and budget and help you identify resources for caregiving and safe, healthy aging. Our aging-in-place resources include technologies, local providers, home modifications and many senior services that can help make home a safer place for a senior, in order to maintain quality of life and peace of mind. You can check out some examples of our geriatric care assessments here.
Have questions about geriatric care management assessments or want to discuss whether an assessment might be beneficial for your family?
Call us at 727-447-5845.