Aging Wisely seeks to provide the best elder care by employing the best people. We hire experienced geriatric care managers, professionals with gerontology, social work and elderly and disability case management experience. We take pride in our team of Florida geriatric care managers, providing Tampa Bay and Clearwater caregiver consulting and elder advocacy.
Come join a dynamic care management team! Aging Wisely has been providing geriatric & disability care management services in the Tampa Bay area and consultation to families worldwide since 1998. Our team has a well-established reputation amongst local professionals as well as throughout the nation. We expect a lot from our team members and you can expect a lot from us! Great benefits included such as health insurance, life insurance, PTO/Holiday pay, CEUs, 401k, etc.
Aging Wisely is currently seeking a Full-Time Care Manager and a Part-Time On-Call Care Manager. Read more about our On-Call Geriatric Care Manager position here.
Here’s the Professional Geriatric Care Manager we are looking for:
You are someone a family could turn to in a caregiving crisis and feel absolutely reassured. You are able to connect with people, come up with creative solutions and juggle multiple situations in a way that is seamless to the clients. You’re versatile, organized and a strong advocate. You can communicate with a variety of parties (doctors, lawyers, trust officers, family members, elder clients, caregivers, etc.) verbally and in writing, with confidence.
You are PROACTIVE, in making suggestions to improve clients’ quality of life, offering services and ideas because you anticipate problems (or ways to just make things go more smoothly). You must be stellar at time management and handling different roles. You may not always have the immediate answer, but you have the skills to find the answer and come up with creative solutions.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field, with experience in healthcare/advocacy, case/care management or related fields. Prefer: Certified Care/Case Manager (CCM, CMC, C-ASWCM, C-SWCM), LCSW or R.N. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and community programs/resources.
During a typical week in this job you might:
• Meet with a family who is concerned about their elderly father’s driving and provide expertise, resources and advice about how to move forward.
• Complete an assessment for a young woman who became severely disabled in a car accident.
• Attend several doctors’ appointments with clients, communicate results to their families and document information in each client’s online record.
• Attend a team training on recent changes to guardianship law.
• Research and visit local Assisted Living Facilities with a client and family.
• Be called away from completing documentation to meet a client at the E.R. who has fallen and possibly fractured a hip.
• Attend a care plan meeting at a Skilled Nursing Facility to discuss some concerns about a client’s care and come up with new solutions that will help your client and are feasible for the facility to implement given staffing limitations.
• Meet with three siblings who are visiting their mother to facilitate a conversation about their differing opinions.
• Recommend home care for a client who is having more difficulty and work with EasyLiving to find a caregiver who is a good match and create a care plan.
• Make a recommendation for a local elder law attorney and CPA for a family.
• Talk with a trust officer about the changes needed to ensure a mutual client’s continued safety, outline costs and options.
• Visit the client who fell earlier in the week to review the medical chart, talk with staff about progress and begin to communicate with the family about post-discharge options. Anticipating the upcoming transition, begin to make arrangements and make some special suggestions to reduce risk and help client feel more comfortable with the changes.
• Complete client notes in online client portal and email a family with follow up on today’s visit. Document suggestions made and acceptance or denial of those by client/family.
Email your resume to Linda Chamberlain’s attention at linda(at)floridaelderlawyer.com.